Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mama’s Daughter

Thinking back what mama had told me when i was a kid is quite true today. When I was a little girl, she always told me that I should learn how to tidy up the house, learn to cook, learn this, learn that, bla bla bla…else, you yourself would be suffering in the future. Well, normally you and I would keep their “nagging” for nothing. Let it flew in from the left and out directly from the right.

Of course, during that time, helping her to clean and cut some vegetables or meats were the simplest and the only thing I knew. Often, I helped for nothing good as she would complain that I had cut into the wrong size, wrong shape and even wrong line. Have you ever noticed that the meat that we eat everyday has those thin lines? If you didn’t notice those thin lines and simply do the cutting, it’d affect the taste and the texture. Haha…bet you’d never heard about it. Lots of theories came out from my mama and I’d taken it for fun. Therefore, most of the time, I’d choose to watch TV rather than helping her in the kitchen. Just couldn’t bear with all her “nagging”.

Somehow, I have felt what mama said last time proven to be true now. Since working, I stay outside. Chance to taste home-cook is obviously reduced. As I don’t even master 10% of her cooking skill (haha...what I cook is really meant for myself, you're not going to eat that coz the taste was @$#!&), I have to eat outside almost every day. Frankly, those mamak foods really could make me less appetite. Emm…too much of Ajinomoto, though.

Since my neighbour changes to this grandma-aunty, every time when I walking to my house after work, I’d have smelt nice and delicious dishes or soup cooked by her. Thinking of the meal I have taken or looking at the food I've bought, that grandma-aunty’s cooking smell really makes me thinking of my mama, makes me truly homesick (not to deny, I’m always a homesick gal :P)! I want go home!

Ah…how long have I not back to hometown? Not long, just more than a week’s time. But, mama, I’m missing your cook deeply. I wanna go home and eat whatever you cook for me, be it a simple mee sua soup with a fried egg. That'll be the most delicious food in the world!

Haha, how can I grow up like this? Always a mama’s daughter! Well, who bother? If there were option given, I believe most of us wanted to be a mama's daughter or mama's son for wholelife, being pampered in her arms all the time. Isn't it the happiness that not easily pursued in the world? Haha...whatever, I still choose to be a mama's daughter :P

2 comments:

ahMing said...

haha... your mama e daughter ah ... i think your mama will be happy to have u this daughter ;)

记得要...听妈妈的话哦!

joeyeo said...

Fu yoh...听妈妈的话 ah wei! nx time sing K, remember to sing!! yo yo yo..

疫情,学到了什么?

自2019年爆发的新冠肺炎,从人心惶恐到今天的习已为常,人类到底学到了什么? 偶看到带有病菌的人,罔顾他人性命,到处趴趴走。 偶看到为了人权自由,不惜走上街头示威,自由重要过一条人命。 偶看到各个领袖自导自演个精彩的片段,都是为了个人私欲,反映权与钱极大诱惑。 偶看到的有美大佬以...